1 week…it’s not that long, right? I am joining my community at Crossroads (my church) on a challenge. To eat beans and rice, only beans and rice for 1 week. Basically, we are going to sacrifice out of our abundance to be generous to those that aren’t as fortunate. With thousands doing this act of sacrifice, we will have the ability to be super generous to 3 organizations outside of Crossroads.
I have been searching Pinterest for recipes. Here is what I have so far:
1. Slow cooker Black Beans and Rice Soup with Cilantro and Lime
2. Cuban Style Black Bean and Rice Bowls
3. Jamaican Red Beans and Rice
4. Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
Picture not shown:
5. Skyline Black Beans and Rice(Liske way) in a crockpot – One bag of dried black beans, one cup of rice, Cincinnati seasoning packet, and tomato paste & water. Add toppings.
Local chefs are also going to be sharing recipes. People will be posting pics via facebook, twitter and instagram with the hastag #beansandriceweek. I have to admit, I don’t do much cooking with beans and rice. I guess I will be learning, uhhh… now! Time to go soak some beans, I start tomorrow!
More information about Beans and Rice Week can be found on Crossroads.net.